Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Running to Stand Still

The past couple of weeks I've been doing training for the fellowship I'm on and it's left me pretty much wrung-out and exhausted. I hadn't seen my family much and haven't been doing the things I love to do, let alone the things I have to do to maintain the upkeep of the house. Let's not even talk about the research. My poor butterflies remain neglected in their drawers.

Also, my keyboard and mouse are acting up, but I can't get a new one 'til next paycheck. Pff

I did manage to finish the watermelon socks and get started on sock #2 of the circle socks. I forget who I'm making them for, but it's not for me. I think they're for a women's size six, but I'm having trouble remembering who wears that size shoe. The solution will present itself, I'm sure.

As for the Tour de Fleece, I think I might be starting to make a dent in the llama, but I've not been spinning or carding every day. It's a little bit catch as catch can, but I'm finally getting through the lightest part of the fleece and will be moving on to the brown bits. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with the finished product, but I'm thinking woven blanket.

I did get my iPad in the mail last week and I'm absolutely loving the thing. I have no fewer than three ways to take notes or make lists of things and a game with cutie little froggies that I've been obsessively playing.

With any luck, I'll update again this Sunday - maybe even with pictures!

1 comment:

Beth Adams said...

Try Angry Birds. Then again, maybe you shouldn't try it. So addictive!