Thursday, April 27, 2006

So, I've been making progress on my Mystery Shawl #2. Go me.
I'm about halfway to the center mark and I seem to be moving along rather quickly. I'm doing four, five, maybe more pattern repeats per day. Each pattern repeat (for the MS#2 uninitiated) is one of the ickle triangles there on the edge. I suspect that I'll peter out somewhere in the middle part of this clue, but if I keep going at this rate, I should be done *before* Ragnarok.

So, to take the edge off, I did a gauge swatch for a potential Iris sweater. I like how the colors worked out and how it's all chromatic (and Iris likes that part too), but I'm going to have to re-work the chart so that it's...less, no, more, erm...something. Well, I'm going to have to rework the chart. I'm really liking the fair isle greek key theme and I may just do that all over or switch between two different fair isle keys (the other one is in the yellow and green, so you can't see it very well). The gauge is alright. I used #6 straights with MicroSpun that Becky gave me in trade.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Pictures, as promised!

First, Na'ama's skirt:

And here are the hankies I've been working on:

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Look!! Over there! In the sidebar!
I finished the pants>skirt, I'm ripping the doily, and I finished the sun hanky. It's sister hanky the moon one is about halfway done. I just have to do the hems.
Pictures forthcoming (My camera is still at A Woolly Discipline)


Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I'm making progress, but I'm entirely too distracted by too many things. I worked on Na'ama's skirt today and I got the front panel sewn on and patches sewn down. All I have left is one patch and the back panel, but I'm also going to put rear pockets on, so I've got to cut those and sew them on. That shouldn't take too terribly much effort. It looks mostly done and I'm moving forward, so that's good.
The MladyM socks are progressing nicely as well. I had totally frelled up the gusset and had to rip it back, but now I'm at the foot and less than two inches away from the toe decreases. I'm very nervous about this because I've never even clapped eyes on these feet and I hope all to goodness that they fit. My plan thus far is to mail the first sock out to see if it fits, and if it doesn't, have her send it back so I can either rip it out and do it again or make up an entirely new sock.
I've also got some new handkerchiefs going on. Currently, I'm working on one with a sun design and it's going pretty quickly. I've got another one that I've drawn a moon design on to go with the sun one, so maybe I can sell them as a pair. I've got two more butterflies, and one that's a geometric design. I think I've got another one in there, but I forget.
I even worked on the MS#2 a bit. I haven't got far on it, but I did a little. The random doily is sitting inside the book with the pattern. No progress on that.
No pictures today. I'm hoping that I can finish something soonish because my finish list is looking pathetic.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Done! Next up: MladyM socks.
This line of yarn is being discontinued, so I should totally get some and its brethren.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006


On the Daughter!socks anyhow. I should finish them within the next couple days. I'll be able to cast on the MladyM socks then. One of my goals for tonight is to clean the table really well and cut out the fabric for Na'ama's pants-skirt and maybe work on the patches some more. I have *got* to get that done so I can start on the bridesmaid's dress.
I've had enough beer to feel okay about cutting that lace. Yeah, no problem.