Monday, September 01, 2008


Dear friends, strangers, acquaintances, etc.
This will be my last post before Peru. I'm pretty much packed and set to go. My poster is printed and extra knitting and needles are packed (as well as my drop spindle). My travel sock will be the Maizy sock I'm working on. I've got the foot done and since these are going to be tallish socks, I'm knitting the leg 'til I'm almost out of yarn or I get sick of it, whichever comes first. Hopefully, I'll have some wicked cool pictures of Peru when I get back. The camera is coming with, of course.
The good Gods have seen fit to give me the challenge of a head cold before flying, but I'm armed with some Claritin, meds for altitude sickness, immodium, sunscreen, antibiotics (just in case), and tylenol. The altitude meds make me feel weird an tired and sodas taste bad. I don't like them, but I'd rather not have altitude sickness, really. Of all the interesting diseases I could get, that's the one I'm worried about. I'm so weird.

So, tomorrow we jaunt off to chase butterflies in a foreign country! I can't believe I'm getting paid for this shit.

5 comments:

Bekah M said...

OOOH! I am so excited for you. I shall miss you terribly, and pine and pine and pine, but will be cheered immensely (no doubt) by the souvenir yarn you bring me back from Peru.

H. R. Duby said...

Whoa! I so missed something. Peru? Like South America? Kewlies! Be safe and I expect to see gaggles of pictures upon your return. *hugs*

Busters Mom said...

Have a safe trip. My daughter would love to come with you to chase butterfly!! Or any bug for that matter. She is my bug kid. We collect bugs for 4h. We just finished up her second year. Will be starting to look for bugs for next year now. I have to say it is kind of fun.

Unknown said...

Yay!!!
I hope you're having a fabulous time down there. Catch lots of interesting bugs!

Laura said...

when you return, email me proflaura@firststepinternet.com
i'm the "sockguru" for crystal palace yarns and would love to link to you and share your pics on our blog
cpysocksandmore