Monday, August 25, 2008

I haven't fallen off the face of the planet just yet. I'm still here, still knitting. I did the Ravelympics to help me regain my focus and I think it worked. After many months of knitting, frogging, knitting again, and not knitting the Bluejaywalkers, I finally finished them. They were done on size 1 dpn's using Opal somethingor'nother in Traumfänger(Dreamcatcher) for a size 9(US) foot. This is not the best picture in the world, but here they are with just the weaving-in to do.

Also, I turned 30 and had my Logan's Run party. It was much fun. We watched the movie, had Carrousel cake (I think mom has a picture) and now I feel refreshed and renewed. The movie was put out in 1976 and the female lead was Jessica 6. The TV series ran from '77-'78 and I can't be certain, but I suspect that this is related to the great number of Jessicas in my age group. Anyhow, mom and Erin did the vast majority of party preparations, including my costume. I just had to show up, really. It's just as well since I haven't had time to do much of anything other than research. All bug butts all the time at the House. Next week is Iris's (early) birthday party before I fall off the face of the planet for a couple weeks. It'll be another morning at the farm, afternoon birthday party, and evening D&D. I was up for 21 1/2 hours last Saturday, and this Saturday is going to be another one of those. Thank goodness for Sundays.

By the way, I absolutely adore my new apartment. I had people over and relatives stay the night and it didn't seem too crowded. I had sufficient floor space to offer said relatives and even a room in which to stick my little nephew and his momma and daddy on a cot and air mattress, respectively. A good time was had by all. Weeboo parties pretty hard.

Right now, I'm working on a pair of toe-up socks in Maizy print, Springtime on size 1 dpn's. These are for me and will probably be my travel socks.

3 comments:

Bekah M said...

The party was great! Your mom and sister rocked pretty hard, and did a fabulous job of humoring you (as a Leo, this is only your Due, obviously.)

Congratulations on securing the Gold! You should put your Gold Medal badge up on your blog somewheres. Says I.

Unknown said...

I should - It's on my to do: list, alright?

Anonymous said...

Love to costume!