Wednesday, November 05, 2008

wow. just...wow

Once I speculated that we might someday, in the future, when I was older, maybe elect a president who wasn't a white male. I thought we'd grown and changed as a nation. I believed in us and I believed that we were more than black and white. I was told that it wouldn't happen. Not in my parents' lifetime, not in my child's lifetime, but it happened last night. I believe that it is the power of optimism, of humility, of the willingness to work hard that won this. This is huge.
The best part, according to exit polls, "Race really wasn't that big a factor."

I am proud of us.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled knitblog.

3 comments:

Miss T said...

I'm proud of us, too. I never thought I'd see it.

H. R. Duby said...

I'm proud of us, too. Think we'll see a woman elected in our lifetimes?

Unknown said...

I'll ask my mom. If she says "Nah, it'll never happen in your lifetime!" Then it's a sure thing.