Friday, July 28, 2006

Clearly, I am insane.

My only little girl, four years old, is in Kindergarten. Right now. My only child in the care of the public school system. It is a frightening thought.

So, out of a bit of nervousness last night, I made a gauge swatch. Swatching is not insane you say? A-ha! I shall show you.
















It's about four inches from the heel to the top. It's got an eye-of-the-partridge heel and I'll be arsed if I can remember how I decreased for the toe. I'm proud of myself for being able to do this off the top of my head, but...I made a four-inch sock. Just because.

Here are some pictures of the design process. Note the monkey.

2 comments:

Sierra Starsong said...

The Wee Little Sockie even got an "Awww!" from hubby! Tuck it away somewhere, maybe attach a keyring, and give it to her when she heads off to college.

Unknown said...

Glad you like it. I think I was delerious when I knit it. My husband says it's for a wee little peg-legged pirate.
"Arrr, what a fine sock this be!"