Thursday, September 07, 2006

I had forgotten that I already took pictures of Iree's little socks. So, here they are, again. I finished them back in April and if you want to see the entry again, that's where it is in the archives.
Aren't they cute?!


And here is Iree in her Sunshines and Rainbows nightgown. Her hair didn't quite curl right this morning, but she looks awfully cute in the picture, no?
I altered the pattern from when I made one from iris fabric. Instead of 5/8 seams, I used 3/8 because I'm at the largest size in the pattern and needed to make it bigger. I can see that I'm going to have to buy some larger Iris-sized patterns for the larger sized Iris. I think she grew last night.

And here is a picture of the ol' ball and skein. :D
The ball is the first yarn I spun, so it's kinda thick and inconsistent. The skein is way more consistent, though I'm still working on it. It kind of varies between laceweight and sport with the occasional foray into worsted, though it mostly stays around fingering weight. I have no clue what I'm going to do with it yet. Perhaps I'll finish spinning up the roving I have and see how much there is before I decide on a project.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh to be able to knit, sew and spin as you can. *sigh*
Lovely work and an adorable daughter!!!!

I should post some pics of my art sometime.

Anonymous said...

I've tried crocheting socks but I think the pattern I had was incomplete, or maybe it just wasn't specific enough... Either way, I got stumped at the heel. I'll eventually get around to finding another pattern and trying again, but as it is, I have way too many UFO's.

Bekah M said...

Blogger hasn't been letting me comment in your blog lately. So here I am trying again. I love the work you've been doing for Iris. Her dresses are adorable. I did get Morgan's daisy dress done in time for picture day, but I haven't gotten a picture of her in it yet.