Friday, October 20, 2006

My crazy was leaking yesterday. I feel a little more steady, a little more sane today (I hope). I still have a lot to do, but it seems more manageable now than it was before. What gets done, gets done, and what doesn't, doesn't.
The one thing that helped to set me back on the path of sanity was spinning. I had finished up a spindlefull of thread and had another I had finished earlier, so they needed to be plied. I spent some time plying, had a little chocolate (Pink M&Ms - eating chocolate to fund breast cancer research, education, and prevention always sounds good to me. Save the boobs, have some chocolate.), and just kind of relaxed. The red is the most recent hank and seems to be much more consistent and even than the other. I believe I'm getting better at this.

Even still, I couldn't sleep, so I did some knitting. I don't know what I'm knitting. That depends on how much yarn I have. So far it's a rectangle. But it's a pretty rectangle and what ever it turns out to be, it's going to be warm. I decided to just knit up that one ball of my first homespun and see how it turns out. Scarf? Muff? Very pretty rectangle I can't do anything with? Your guess is as good as mine.

1 comment:

Bekah M said...

Your yarn is gorgeousness incarnate. I have GOT to start spinning. Where's my damn drop spindle?!?!?!

You okay? Loves you and hopes to see you tonight after work.