Thursday, June 14, 2007

Having (mostly) recovered from smashing the crap out of my finger, I'm ready to get to work. I managed some lace knitting with the splint and actually made progress on the Flower Basket Shawl last week. It helps that this was the only project I had to work on, but I needed some focus. I still need focus. I have the attention span of a hyperactive gnat who hasn't been taking its medication. I haven't done any actual knitting this week, probably due to the aforementioned lack of attention span as well as a lack of down time. Today I spent researching Messenger Gods and haven't had more than a few seconds outside in the fresh air.
Now that I think of it, that may be related to my mood today. That, and it's just me and Dorian here and he's not much for conversation, what with being a cat and all. Little bit is in Chi-town, living it up like the princess she is and the Big Sweetie is off to work 'til God wakes up.
Anyhow, since I've been in a general green and brown rut, my next two projects are going to be red and blue. The red will be a cardigan from Interweave Knits and I'll be alonging with Becky who picked out a lovely blue. More specs later. The blue will be Doc's socks, and I need to work out the exact pattern and take notes before I forget things.
I've done some hand-sewing and made progress on my mending/UFO pile. My sewing machine is still down, but I found a Huskqvarna for $159 that I want at Jo-Ann's. Still comparing prices, of course, and not ready to commit, but I really liked that model.

2 comments:

Bekah M said...

I am lame in my non-blogginess. I have a camera now -- no excuses!

So, should we set some sort of start date for our ManSweater-along? I'd like to finish up some WIPs (I'd also like to win the lottery, but anyway...) and I'm planning to do this year's Mystery Stole. So when's best?

Anonymous said...

I can strongly recommend the Husqvarna brand, my father bought a used one for my mom in 1963, and it is still going strong. Has needed servicing once in all those years, and it was minor. I bought my first in 1975 and my second in 97 because I wanted more variety of stitches. Both were also purchased used and have been used a great deal with minimal problems. Besides that, I just love them. They are easy to use, to thread, and to clean. With that glowing praise, I may need to go sew something today!

I enjoy your blog very much, it is part of my regular list of "watching spring come north" reading. Up here in Northeast Minnesota winter is looooong. So, I have to get some green wherever I can. Thanks.