Friday, August 17, 2007

Another thing for the list of finished objects, though I didn't get a picture of them. I finished two potholders from scrap fabrics for a neighbor of mine. She had, at first, offered to give me pennies for them. I finished them in a day, sent them home to her via her offspring, and the next day she tries to return them to me. "They're very cute, but my boyfriend just bought a bunch of them..."
And this after going on for 20 minutes the day before about how much she likes handmade things better than store-bought things and how she'd really like to have some handmade potholders or something. I told her to just keep them. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little offended, but it doesn't bother me too terribly much. I just won't make anything for her again.

The Worsted Stocking Knave's socks are coming along nicely, but I have a niggling fear that I won't have enough yarn. I've got one almost to the heel, but I've got to try it on him to see how it fits. BTW, if you Google "worsted stocking knave," I'm the second hit. Go me.

The Mystery stole is inching along, slow and steady. I'm rather enjoying the bead work. Next up in sewing is Miss Heather's Tai Chi outfit. I only have to find a large enough space to cut it out and make sure that the pattern in my head for the pants is going to work. I plan on doing a mini version either for Iris or myself. Speaking of Iris, I'm planning on making a pair of socks for her birthday this year and perhaps also some kind of little outfit.

I've allocated time each day of the week from Monday to Thursday for making things with string. Sewing is Mondays, spinning Tuesdays, Embroidery Wednesdays, and knitting Thursdays (though I knit all week long). Friday is for working on my D&D campaign. My UFOs are dwindling this way and I'm actually making progress. Who knew?
I haven't got pictures right very now, but will post some as soon as I can.

Oh, and for those of you not in-the-know, the feast day of Athena is the 1st of September. Athena is the patron Goddess of making things with string and I'm thinking that an S&B may be in order.

No comments: