Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I'm not doing much actual knitting lately, though I did get some spinning in this morning because my Plant Anatomy professor was interested to see the bamboo fiber that I was working on. No idea from what part of the plant that comes, but hey, bamboo yarn is cool. I knitted up a swatch of it and discovered a problem. It leans. I tried blocking it out, but to no avail. The darn thing leans to one side, I reckon due to the twist of the yarn. I'm not sure what to do about that, but I'll figure something out. I did finish the back of the Man-sweater and I've worked on the sherbet scarf and the meadow socks a little bit.
Anyhow, here's a pic of the random hat, all finished and on its intended recipient. That's my brother. He's not the type that likes wearing suits. He prefers interesting shirts I support and encourage his interesting shirt habit, as you can see.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoah. That is indeed a fascinating shirt. Urp.

And a damn fetching hat.

Bekah M said...

yersh, Fetching hat on a fetching brother.

Speaking of Fetching, I do not have enough yarn for my &#&#^# fetching mitts.

Grr...

So, let's talk about February is for Finishing (and March is for Making Mates) tonight, ja?