Tuesday, January 06, 2009

An updated stash is a happy stash

I could use more yarn, though. It took me maybe fifteen minutes to update my stash on Ravelry to include almost all of the yarns I actually own. What I need is sock yarn. In a serious way. How am I to stash shop for socks when there's no stash to speak of? It's...it's... no less than appalling! I have monies for yarn. I get $60 in spendy cash every two weeks. I have $35 unspent buckaroos in my purse as we speak.
So why? Why do I have no sock yarn?
I simply just have not been shopping for yarn. I have not been perusing, finding something shiny, and purchasing. I've been knitting faster than I've been acquiring yarn and getting rid of or trading the stuff that I really don't want (crap yarn that I don't love, mostly).
The above stash picture is some palette from Knitpicks I got for making a scarf, hat, and mittens combo. I'm strongly considering a chullo. I should have a chullo.

3 comments:

Andey Layne said...

So buy yarn, silly.

Bekah M said...

To Andey: I know, right?

To Jess: So buy yarn, silly.

AimeeRosie said...

I've got to say, I wish I could knit faster than I buy. I love having lots of yarnage around me, though!

But yeah, I hear that there's a lady named Andey who sells some pretty great sock yarn. Maybe you could hit her up, or something!