Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Made of Love

Husband bought me this fiber, so I spun this yarn and made these gloves, but there was more yarn, so I wanted to make something really spectacular. I'm making mittens. They're a little snug because I didn't give any ease in my measurements and didn't sufficiently account for how much fair isle draws up, but that's alright. I can wear them and they're just beautiful! I love this yarn so much.
So. very. much.
These mittens are so warm and so full of love. My mom recently said of the gloves I made her, "When I put on my little knitted gloves I feel so loved. It's like you are wrapping your little hands around mine to keep them warm. It is hard to explain. I also love my socks, but there is a really special feeling I get when I put on my gloves. You must have blessed them." I cannot tell you how awesome that is.
Do you believe?


I'm a rainbow, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sweet and made me a little misty. I think I need to call my mommy.

Amy McWeasel said...

They're gorgeous, and the story about your mom made me teary-eyed.

H. R. Duby said...

Is it possible for us who use knitting as part of our Craft -not- to bless things we give to other people?

The mittens are lovely!

Anonymous said...

*cries* I can't make gloves! They look really good though. And such the jealousy for your pic by the ruins.