Thursday, February 25, 2016

February is for Finishing: Tidying Up Loose Ends

To be continued...
Out of 31 projects listed in my notebook at the beginning of the month, two were frogged, ten are still in progress, and seven finished, including the five posted here, a bit of mending I didn't bother to post about, and one project that I'll put up soonish. I have 3 1/2 stars out of the twelve I intend to make and almost 30/81 blocks quilted on Iris' quilt. That leaves twelve in the planning or idea stage, thus making a nice healthy queue for me to work on the rest of the year.

I also acquired another large WIP. Our dear neighbors right next to us are moving and were about to get rid of a half-finished shed that had been somewhat damaged by wind and weather. Industrious and frugal person that I am asked if we could have it. They kindly trucked it over to our house and in a couple of afternoons, I got so far as putting the roof on. It won't win any prizes for beauty, but mostly I'm just hoping for a dry place to put the lawnmower. I gave them a couple jars of jam from my personal stock as a thank you and farewell gift.

I liked them, their dog, and their cat very much and I shall miss them.


Of course, nineteen soft arts projects and a shed aren't enough from those who suffer from Da Vinci Disorder. All our lives we look away to the future, to the horizon. Never our minds on where we are. Hmm? What we are doing? Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not... these... um, things.

Oh, right. ::blush:: Ummm... I may have gotten carried away there for a minute.

I'm planning a star sampler quilt for wee Bu in blues and yellows, though I may throw in a bit of rainbow fabric from big sister's quilt, just for because.

If I don't get too distracted by quilt block patterns, I'll be working this week on Iris' quilt some more and on some of the projects that are nearer to finished. March is the Month of Embroidery, which is one of my absolute favorite arts to do, so it'll be a real treat for me to share some of that with you all.

No comments: