Monday, November 27, 2006

I forgot my camera. Again. I am an enormous dork.
I even wore my brandly-new fair isle socks yesterday, but didn't take pictures. They fit perfectly (of course) and are mightily comfortable. None can understand the joys of handknit socks until they have a pair. I'm currently working on a pair of green ones from the newly acquired stash and they are coming along rather quickly. I started them on Saturday morning and it is now Monday morning. I'm all the way past the heel gusset and to the foot. It's not a sock a day, but it is pretty darned fast for me. Keep in mind that I was also doing other things. Sunday I helped with our Coven Thanksgiving (mostly by washing dishes) and I have also been spinning.
I got my spinning wheel! I am the happiest girl in the WORLD. My MIL had purchased it, but never seemed to get the hang of it and she knew that I had been wanting one, so she give it me. *SQUEE* She sent some raw wool along and I've already spun about a half a spindle of it. It's just unbelieveably fast and I am hooked. Jess must have more roving. I'm trying not to spin up all the raw wool I've got because I want to do a thing for Iris's Kindergarten class in January. It'll probably be alright. There's quite a bit of it and I have to card it before I can spin it.
The cotton harvest has already passed here and every time I drive by a cotton field, I just want to grab one of my Knaughty Knitter bags and start picking up where they carried away the bales. I totally could, but I'd want someone to go with me. It's just...sitting there, waiting for some fiber-obsessed person to pick it up. Who's with me?

4 comments:

Bekah M said...

Silly dork. Mayhap I should grab pictures of the Arrr! Pirate Sweater before you come and take it away for real.

I am simultaneously so very happy for you and your spinning wheel and insanely jealous. Man, I want to learn to spin. Go you!

Unknown said...

OOH! Yes! Is it all done done finished?! I'm very excited.

Perhaps Santa will reward your good behaviour this year. Of course, you will have to sit on his lap and tell him what a good girl you are.
And holy crap, it's so much faster. I want to buy some roving sooooo bad right now, but I just can't justify the purchase. Something in very bright colors. I was looking on Etsy yesterday at all the purdy rovings. Drooooool.

Maybe Santa will be good to me too, though I gave mine the "SUBTLE HINT!!!" pointing toward the Knitpicks Options needle set.

Bekah M said...

Nope, not quite finished, but Veeeerrrry close.

Cindy said...

Katie and I might be interested in coming with you to gather leftover cotton... but we're a little skerred about the whole legality thing... is it safe?