Friday, May 26, 2006

Long time no post. I've kind of had a week and everything is just thrown off kilter. I haven't done a whole lot of knitting this week (due to off-kilterness) but I did get a hankercheif finished in memory of my friend who passed away last sunday. I started on another one and my goal is to make four for the four sisters who lost their dad.
I'm making progress on the Mystery shawl #2. I've turned the corner and now I'm on the home stretch. Me and Becky are just about in the same place now. We have a quart of Ben & Jerry's each in mind for when we finished. Cherry Garcia for me, something involving peanut butter for her. For all the cussing and frustration and whatnot, it's going to be a beautiful shawl that I'm never knitting again.
MladyM's socks are nearly done. I really like how they're turning out and I'm going to try to get a picture of them before I mail them out. I'm at the gussett of sock #2 and nearly done with that, so I'm very almost at the catfish puppet stage.
About a week ago, I went to the Knaughty Knitter and picked up some stuff so that I can teach myself how to spin. I'm certain that it's not the most wonderful, consistent, perfect string in the whole world, but I took the fluff, made it go roundy-roundy, and now it is string. My plan is to keep spinning until I feel like there's enough on the spindle, then do it again and ply. Whee!
I like spinning. Spinning is cool. I make string.

No comments: