Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Okay, so no pictures today, but a lot of update. The MladyM socks have suffered a major setback. My working gauge was 3/4 a stitch off, making it waaaay too wide. It was bad. I ripped the whole thing back. Monday I thought that I had put in a size 2 amongst the 1's, but it turns out not to be the case. I just had a looser working gauge. I'm about six stripes into it rather than being almost done with the first sock. No worries. It's only a sock.

No real progress on the MS#2 because of the sock issues.

But I cut out the bridesmaid's dress today. I had thought at first that the wedding to which this was to be worn was at the end of the month, but it turns out that I have a week to finish. Hence the busting arse on it today. I want to get some of it sewn tonight, but I'm going to have to read and reread the pattern to make sure I'm doing it right. It's a sleeveless thing with a shaped bodice and boning. The skirt will be easy-peasy; it's two pieces. The bodice is a bit more fussy and I want to approach it with caution. At least there are no weird sleeves.

Na'ama's skirt is being mailed right very now. It's a week later than I had planned, but it's on its way to its owner. She sent me popovers as part of my payment. I asked for something you can't find here in town and she sent a box full of these wonderful pastries that are hollow in the middle and just want for fruit and cream or something to fill them. They came with apple butter. The label read "Ingredients: Apples. That's it!" Amazing how good food is when it doesn't have all that extra crap in it.
Post a Comment