Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I want to start something new. I want to do some kind of pretty lace shawl or stole - something fiddley.
*sigh*
But I'm a stubborn thing, you see. I want to finish this other foot sweater at least and I need to also work on the S.S.S. and the baby sweater. I'm to the gusset on the foot sweater and I've started the sleeves on the baby sweater. No progress on the S.S.S.

Today, I absolutely have to finish clearing off my table and work on The G.G. Cloak. I think I've still got to mark the center. Then comes the quilting. Hopefully, I'll get some of that done today.

5 comments:

NeedleTart said...

Hi! I saw your comment on the Harlot and thought I'd drop by. I had a costuming teacher tell me, if you can't see the mistakes from the 5th row, there are none! Think of this while machine quilting the cloak.

Unknown said...

This gal I'm sewing for is one of the most wonderful people you'll ever meet. It's an absolute joy to make anything for her because she's always so appreciative.

jeannie said...

Hi - I came over in search of the Mystery Shawlalong. I clicked your button for it, but the group is gone. Is there any way to find out what the pattern was?
I signed up for the MS2, but hhad to stop for a death in the family. I'm back now and want lots of complex things to do to use up my laceweight stash.
Thanks for any info.
Jeannie

Unknown said...

I wouldn't suggest the MS#2. I cussed the entire way through it. It turns out very pretty, but there are aspects of the construction I didn't like. I don't think I have the pattern for MS#1, either. MS#1 turned out pretty nice and wasn't too hard to do, either. The same lady designed both MS#1&2, so I bet if you email her you might be able to get the pattern for #1.
There's also an MS#3, but I didn't sign up for it.
Good luck with the stashbusting! I'm working on my sock yarn stash. It's harder to whittle it down when you keep buying more!

Bekah M said...

So, speaking of starting new things....you gonna post this week or what? (hypocrisy? what hypocrisy. I don't know what you're talking about.)