Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Streeeetch!

I've done the armhole shaping for the back of the sweater and I'm knitting up to the shoulder now. I have about 50 rows, give or take until I'm done with the back. Then come the two front pieces, then the arms. I am so making this up as I go along. Well, not really, I have the handy-dandy knitting patterns book to go by, so it's not all that bad, but what with it being my first cardigan, Gods only know how it's going to turn out. I'm only just now on the 2nd ball of yarn and it seems like what I have is what there is. I hope it's enough. Maybe I can tesser the yarn.
My goal for today is to finish the back. Like I said, it's 50 rows (more or less) of about 69 stitches, but I think I can do that. I've already got the chicken for dinner ready to go, so I only have to stick it in and watch the time. I will have to clear the table and make sides, but that ain't no thang.

Well I won't back down, no I won't back down
You can stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down
-Tom Petty

1 comment:

Bekah M said...

You rock! And so does your cardigan. Its going to be awesome.