Friday, January 12, 2007

Wool is like a drug. In fact, it's a gateway drug to other fibers. You shouldn't knit and drive. Knitters refer to their "hobby" as an addiction. Knitters have stash. "I paid $15 for 100g of Opal" sounds like a drug deal. When we are knitting or spinning or what have you, we are captivated by color and texture.

Anyhow, I finished spinning and plying the soysilk/wool that dear husband of mine got me. He wanted to hold it for the picture, so here he is, holding the yarn. It's actually a much bigger than it looks. It's about 1 1/2 oz or so. He's just got big hands. Here also is the yarn, the spinning wheel, and the kitty.




In other news, I finished one of two hankies in progress. I know that I have a tendency to work the embroidery very close to the edge and yet I still do it. Next set, I'll try (again) to move it in a little or else sew the seams first and then embroider. I'm not sure what sorts of hankies I will embroider next, but I'm thinking maybe something more abstract or else flowers. I'll just have to see what strikes my fancy. The next one after this is a Zebra swallowtail.

No comments: